Our Staggered Ladders tuque, knit in Illimani's soft and luxurious Amelie, features an easy mosaic/slip-stitch pattern that gives this soft and cozy hat a high-impact graphic and textured look with minimal effort. The stitch pattern is worked in only one colour per round--no floats to worry about!--making it suitable for advanced beginners.
Pattern features both written and charted instructions.
This pattern is a PDF download. Add it to your cart and you will receive a download link at checkout.
Instructions for two sizes included - adult S/M (to fit a 51cm - 56cm / 20"-22" head) and L (to fit a 56cm - 61cm / 22"-24" head)
- Illimani Amelie (150 m / 164 yds per 50g), one skein each for MC and CC (the colours used in the sample are ZK55 Charcoal and SFN10 White)
- 16” circular needles in two sizes: 3.75mm (US 5) and 4.5mm (US 7) for S/M; or 4mm (US6) and 5mm for L
- 1 set of double-pointed needles in larger size
- one removable stitch marker
- large-eye tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Note: Two skeins of Amelie is enough to make two S/M sized hats (or, if you are make your ribbing a little shorter, and don’t mind a bit of “yarn chicken”, one S/M and one L) with the colours reversed.